Ajax are due to open contract talks with rising star Viktor Fischer amid renewed interest from Manchester United.
Fischer has enjoyed a stunning start to his Ajax career, scoring five goals in his first 10 games. That’s faster than former Ajax luminaries Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who took 11 matches, and Marco van Basten, who needed 13.
United have kept tabs on Fischer for some time and the forward is seen as one of the brightest talents at Ajax for some time.
The 18-year-old is already capped at senior level by Denmark and he has a contract at his current club until 2014.
United’s interest has led Ajax to bring forward their plans to talk with Fischer over a new contract – and luckily for them, he’s ready to commit.
“I hope that we can talk about my contract as that is what I want,” he told AD Sportwereld.
“I play in front of 53,000 people and Ajax is one of the top European clubs. For a young player like me, it could not be better.”
Original Article: TalkSport
- Newcastle United lining up summer deal for Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay
- Man Utd may not sign Harry Kane amid fresh Tottenham stance
- Marcus Rashford withdraws from England squad through injury
- Man United could persuade RB Salzburg & RB Leipzig to cancel Benjamin Sesko deal by paying higher fee
- Man Utd lagging behind in Jude Bellingham transfer race
- Former Manchester United target Ismaila Sarr set to leave Watford this summer
- Man Utd reminded why they should sign Joao Palhinha this summer
- Roy Keane blasts Man Utd performance against Fulham
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer