Manchester United and Chelsea look set to miss out on the transfer of striker Robert Lewandowski as reports suggest the Polish ace has agreed a deal with Real Madrid.
Lewandowski had been linked with a move to Manchester United earlier in the year after opening discussions with his agent about getting a move away from the German giants this summer.
Spanish outlet Don Balon are now reporting that the 29-year-old has agreed a move to the Spanish capital this summer.
Robert Lewandowski has been one of the best strikers in the world over the past seven seasons in Germany – the first three with Borussia Dortmund and the latest four with Bayern Munich.
He scored 29 goals in 30 Bundesliga appearances this past season and has amassed an incredible 172 goals in 224 appearances during the past seven seasons.
German newspaper Bild have reported that Lewandowski is being offered around by his agent Pini Zahavi, with Manchester United one of the clubs to be notified of the player’s desire to leave the Allianz Arena.
The same report claims that Bayern Munich would require a staggering €200 million (£176m) for their world class striker.
There is no doubt that Robert Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in the world right now but at 29 years old the price does seem excessive, even by Real Madrid’s standards.
The 2017-18 Champions League winners don’t even have a manager currently so it’s not known what the future is of Karim Benzema. However, the French striker did only net five goals in 25 La Liga starts this past season.
We’d certainly welcome the Polish striker at Old Trafford but we’re certainly being priced out if Bayern Munich maintain their demand for £176 million.
Don Balon report that Real Madrid club president Florentino Perez is ready to inform the next manager that a deal is already in place for Lewandowski…
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup