Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Casemiro and Lisandro Martinez will be unavailable for selection until at least Christmas (via Manutd.com).
Lisandro Martinez suffered a fracture in his fifth metatarsal in April that forced him to miss out on the remainder of the season.
He suffered the same issue a few weeks back in the Premier League game against Arsenal.
Casemiro joined him on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury against Newcastle United last week.
A massive setback for Man United
The Red Devils have had around 15 first-team players injured at some point this season.
This has forced Ten Hag to re-jig his team continuously, which has led to instability and inconsistent performances.
Martinez and Casemiro played a massive role in Man United’s success last season.
The Argentine was the epitome of aggression and a key cog for the team to play out from the back.
His proactive defending and incisive ball distribution are certainly missed right now.
Casemiro has been available for most of the campaign, but his form has nosedived.
The Red Devils do not have the same control as last season in the centre of the park.
This could also be due to Mason Mount wanting to play a more advanced role rather than sticking to the number eight spot.
The opposition has run past Casemiro with ease, raising doubts that the former Real Madrid star is past his best.
The Brazilian ace is still a crucial player for Man United and they will benefit massively if he regains his form.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin