Manchester United star forward Marcus Rashford says that winning silverware is the team’s main aim this season.
The Red Devils marched into the next round of the FA Cup after defeating Everton 3-1 last night.
Rashford played a crucial role in the game, creating the first two goals before dispatching the penalty to add another strike to his season’s goal tally.
After the game, Rashford said (via ManUtd.com): “Yeah, that’s the aim (to win trophies). That’s why we do what we do and why we work so hard.
“We want to be in finals, we want to be in the biggest games, and ultimately, we want to win silverware and trophies, so hopefully this season, we get the opportunity to do that.
“Obviously, it’s always nice to go through in cup games and the FA Cup is definitely a special competition to play in.”
A trophy is long-awaited by Manchester United
It’s been almost six years since United won their last silverware. The fans are eagerly waiting for their side to lift a trophy.
United are still alive in all competitions this season and have a real chance to end the drought.
Rashford has been a standout performer for the Red Devils. His goals have come when United were looking for some inspiration.
The e 25-year-old has scored in every game after the World Cup, taking his total goal tally 13. This is already eight more goals than he netted in the previous campaign.
Ten Hag is looking for a new striker to bolster his attacking options. Rashford is filling that hole right now, but signing a new centre-forward should be the club’s priority.
If someone can shoulder the burden of scoring goals more regularly, the Red Devils will have a great shot at lifting a cup this year.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities