In case you weren’t aware – and if you weren’t, you’ve been living under a giant rock in the remotest of places – there’s a match of some importance tonight in Manchester.
The Premier League title race has been a two-team tussle between United and City for much of the season, and it’s been expected for some time that it could all come down to tonight’s showdown at the Etihad. And after many a twist and turn, we’ve finally reached the match everyone’s been waiting for, and it stands to have as much meaning as many thought it would.
Is it the most important match in Premier League history? Many have billed it as much. While that might be up for debate, it certainly has an argument for being the most important Manchester derby of all time.
It’s been previewed from almost every angle possible, many a statistic has been thrown out, many quotes have been given and analyzed. Along with the thousands packing into the Etihad tonight, millions upon millions around the world will be watching, United supporters, City supporters, neutrals.
Will it live up to the hype and be a classic? That would give people more to talk about, but when it comes down to it, the result is all that matters. For United, a draw would do, but United are going for the win, as they should.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday