The Premier League title hangs in the balance, but the likeliest outcome is not one that favors United. But you know the saying, it’s not over ‘til it’s over. Anything is possible today.
Of course, United need to take care of business themselves while hoping for that bit of good fortune elsewhere, and that won’t be an easy task. Sunderland, after having quite the upturn in form after replacing Steve Bruce with Martin O’Neill in December, enter the season’s final day having not won any of their last seven league games. But they took four points from City this season, and United’s home win in November was anything but convincing.
Manchester United: De Gea, Jones, Evra (C), Ferdinand, Evans, Valencia, Young, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney
Sunderland: Mignolet, O’Shea, Bardsley, Bramble, Turner, Gardner, McClean, Colback, Vaughan, Sessegnon, Campbell
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations