Manchester United graduate Hannibal Mejbri has had a promising loan spell at Birmingham City this season and he is certainly growing in confidence with every game.
The 20-year-old was initially a regular on the bench under John Eustace, but was able to win the manager’s confidence in the lead-up to the World Cup break.
Mejbri didn’t play a significant part for Tunisia at the World Cup but since his return, he has definitely been one of the best performers for the West Midlands outfit.
The Red Devils youngster was brilliant for the Blues against rivals West Bromwich Albion last night.
He bagged his first-ever senior goal with a brilliantly improvised free-kick from outside the box before going on to provide an assist for the club’s second of the night.
Mejbri has now made seven goal contributions for the Championship outfit and he will be hoping to continue the good run of form for the rest of the campaign.
If he can do so, there is a good chance that he could break into manager Erik ten Hag’s first-team plans next season, considering there could be multiple departures.
The likes of Donny van de Beek, Scott McTominay and Fred have been fancied to head for the exit door and this could open up a spot for Mejbri on the bench at least.
Mejbri is comfortable operating from the central and attacking midfield roles. With his tireless work rate and creativity, he could provide cover to Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes.
However, it is far easier said than done. Ten Hag will want to assess Mejbri’s performances during the next pre-season campaign before deciding whether he is ready to make his squad.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books
- ‘High hopes’: Lionel Scaloni speaks about Alejandro Garnacho’s future with Argentina