Manchester United have reportedly approached Brazilian outfit Fluminense over the possibility of a deal for highly-rated defensive midfielder Andre.
The Red Devils have opened talks with the Copa Libertadores champions as they pursue a move for Andre, although they have yet to launch an official proposal.
The 22-year-old has been on the radar of several Premier League clubs including Liverpool, although the Reds have pulled out of the race for the Brazilian.
Fulham are another Premier League club linked with Andre, but they are unlikely to pose any serious threat to Man United if they act on their interest.
Fluminense reportedly value Andre at around €40 million, and a January departure could be on the cards with Man United expressing concrete interest.
Andre could be the ideal replacement for Casemiro
There has been plenty of speculation surrounding the long-term future of Casemiro at Old Trafford after a visible decline in his performances this season.
The 31-year-old only joined Man United at the start of last season and has just over two years left on his contract, but another midfield revamp could be on the cards next summer.
Man United are already scouting the market for possible alternatives, and Andre’s performances for Fluminense suggest he could replace his Brazilian counterpart without breaking a sweat.
Andre offers control in the middle of the park and is an excellent passer, averaging an astonishing 94.2 touches and a 95% pass success rate per match.
The Brazilian is comfortable on both feet and possesses exceptional close control, which makes him an effective dribbler, evident in his 71% success rate from attempted dribbles.
His low centre of gravity and eye-catching technical skills effectively make him press-resistant, and he could play a pivotal role in Erik ten Hag’s build-up phase.
Andre is adept at breaking lines of engagement with progressive passes, notably on the diagonal, aligning with Ten Hag’s style of play, which heavily relies on transition and swift switch of play.
He is also a force to be reckoned with in duels, boasting a 62% success rate in his battles across all competitions for Fluminense and is capable of slotting in at centre-back when needed.
The Brazil international should have no problems adapting to Ten Hag’s style of play, and pairing him in a midfield pivot alongside Sofyan Amrabat could be a game-changing move for the Red Devils.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling