There have been a lot of players linked with the United exit door this season After the purchases that have been made this Summer and while some I would sell in a heartbeat, there are others who I think deserve their chance. There are also the ones who you would like to stay but you get the feeling that their time at OT may be up. Here are the players I’m talking about:
Alan Smith: Hard to call, looks like, with the arrival of Tevez, his time may be up and 5 or 6 clubs have shown interest. It’s unfortunate because I think he was a valuable player towards the end of the season. Maybe now he is surplus to requirements Verdict: Sell
Louis Saha: When fit he is one of the best strikers in the league and since it seems he will be fit for the start of the season (although some red-tops will tell you otherwise) then I think he deserves at least one more chance to prove himself after a lot of fans turned on him towards the end of last season.
Verdict: Keep at least until January
Giuseppe Rossi: A great talent which shows why Milan want to sign him, Parma have also shown interest and I doubt he will want to go out on loan again. Ferguson has said that he will get games and the player has said that he wants to prove himself at OT so I reckon that he will stay.
Verdict: hold on tight and don’t let go. Keep.
Gabriel Heinze: Has been linked with Real, Inter and the bin dipper scum but still remains one of the best left-backs out there and, although he isn’t guaranteed to be first choice left back, he has said that his life is “perfect” in Manchester.
Verdict: Let him go for 6 million? I don’t think so.
Kieran Richardson: Waste of a shirt no.
Verdict: sell as quickly as possible
Mikael Silvestre: Holding back the youngsters
Gerrard Pique: The talented young defender/defensive midfielder is rumoured to be returning to Barcelona but the player himself has said that he will never return as long Joan Laporta is the president, which is so for the foreseeable future, and SAF said that he will get games.
Johnny Evans: After an impressive loan spell Roy Keane wants him back at Sunderland but he has said he wants to prove himself at United and Ferguson has said that he will get games.
Darren Fletcher: Had a good season by his standards this season but his chances will be limited with Hargreaves’ purchase and has been inconsistent over the last few seasons. However there have been no offers for him and since he was one of the players mentioned in that infamous Roy Keane interview then the Sunderland option may be gone Verdict: Sell if an offer comes in.
John O’Shea: You can’t sell John O’Shea Goal Machine can you? What happens when it’s 0 – 0 at Anfield in the dying moments and we need him? joking aside I think that he is a decent enough cover for the back 4 and I thought that in his first season in the first team at left-back he was great.
If there is anyone else who you think should be on their way put them in the comments.
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January