Manchester United will play their second pre-season friendly against Lyon this afternoon, and manager Erik ten Hag is expected to involve several young players once more.
Amad Diallo and Hannibal Mejbri started the 2-0 win over Leeds United last week, and the duo could retain their places, having had extra training sessions under their belt.
Facundo Pellistri could also be involved in some capacity. He only reported on Saturday alongside United’s international players. The Uruguayan will be hoping to feature off the bench.
Here is our prediction over the trio’s club future next season.
The Ivorian joined United with a glowing reputation as a youngster from Atalanta in January 2021. However, he has yet to become a key part of the first-team plans.
Still only 21, Amad has plenty of time to establish himself. He had a positive loan stint at Sunderland last term with 14 goals and three assists across all competitions.
The youngster should be involved throughout pre-season for United. His chances of staying depend on whether he can stand-out for the club in the upcoming friendlies.
It seems clear-cut that Pellistri will be loaned out for the upcoming campaign. Pellistri had to wait three years to make his United debut against Charlton Athletic last term.
He had a terrific six-minute cameo against the Addicks with an assist for Marcus Rashford, but managed only 208 minutes in another nine appearances for the Red Devils.
United recently turned down a loan proposal from Brazilian outfit Gremio as Ten Hag prefers the attacker to join another European club on a temporary deal next season.
The upcoming campaign could be a make-or-break for Pellistri. If the Uruguayan can’t make regular goal contributions on loan, United could contemplate his exit next summer.
Mejbri was one of the top performers in the opening half against Leeds last week. He looked composed in possession, won a couple of duels and delivered a key pass.
His work rate was also impressive to watch. In our view, Ten Hag could consider keeping him for squad depth next term with Fred expected to head for the exit door.
However, there is no guarantee for now. United will need to recoup funds from player sales after their spending spree. Borussia Dortmund are said to be interested in Mejbri.
If Ten Hag urges the club to sign another midfielder such as Sofyan Amrabat, there is a good chance that the United graduate could leave on a permanent deal this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling