Manchester United reached an agreement with Atalanta to sign Rasmus Hojlund on Saturday.
The Red Devils have agreed to pay €75 million up front for the striker with a further €10m in add-ons.
The transfer could be completed in a short notice, considering Hojlund is currently in the UK.
The 20-year-old recently travelled with the Serie A outfit for their friendly at Bournemouth.
He did not take any part in the game and will now travel north for a series of medical tests.
Provided there are no hiccups, a transfer could be finalised within the next 24 to 48 hours.
In that case, Hojlund could train with his new teammates as soon as they return from the US.
United will return to Manchester following their friendly against Borussia Dortmund tonight.
After this, they have two more pre-season games against RC Lens and Athletic Bilbao.
United will host Lens at Old Trafford on August 5 before facing Bilbao in Dublin 24 hours later.
In our opinion, Hojlund will most likely make his club debut against the Ligue 1 runners-up.
The fans could get their first glimpse of the young Dane in the United shirt, but he may not start.
Hojlund has managed only 90 minutes of pre-season action and could make a late cameo.
United boss Erik ten Hag is likely to ease the youngster into his first-team plans.
He may not be an automatic starter initially with Marcus Rashford likely to lead the line.
There are suggestions that Hojlund could play from the left wing for the first few games.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray