While Seba Veron is often hailed as Sir Alex Ferguson’s most expensive mistake, Eric Djemba-Djemba is the one thrown in our faces as Fergie’s worst signing ever (hell, even Kleberson could play a bit).
He may have cost only Â£2.5m (and earned Â£75k / month) but as a player he was quickly found at the top level. The problem hadn’t been just his playing talents but also his temperament, and it’s a testament to Fergie’s loyalty to his players (or his troubles in offloading him) that Djemba stayed on United’s books for 2 years.
So where is he now? If anyone cares, Sniffing The Touchline has the full story (from Nantes to Qatar SC, via England).
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January