Paying over the odds to Tottenham (yet again) for the signature of Dimitar Berbatov: £30.74 million.
Citeh paying over the odds to Real Madrid to prise Robinho from under the noses of Chelsea: £32.5 million.
The look on the faces of Peter “I fucked it up again” Kenyon and (some) eager Chelsea fans: Priceless.
I have been in a naughty mood today, hence the baiting and teasing. A more serious article will follow (either today or tomorrow). But I’ll just say this: whilst we got our pants pulled down yet again over transfer fees, it at least dispels the thought that had seemingly enveloped a lot of fans over the summer — that we are broke. We are not, and I think spending 30 million quid on a 27 year old surely stands as reasonable evidence?
[Oh, and I acknowledge the flurry of activity that smashed all commenting records for a single post yesterday. Cheers for spending a good part of your day on Red Rants. And apologies for some of the comments that somehow got sent into the moderation queue. I’ve managed to recover some and lost some others. Sorry for the inconvenience.]
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer