A former cult-hero, in Carlos Tevez, returns as the Reds visit Upton Park to take on the Hammers in their last clash of 2007. Manchester United will be looking to keep their winning run intact and maintain their lead over Arsenal.
Clive Tyldesley on the Telegraph assures us that Tevez will be welcomed by Hammers fans.
I would be surprised if he weren’t. The Hammers fans usually do remember players and the circumstances under which they left. Michael Carrick, for instance, isn’t directed the same abuse as someone like Defoe or Lampard. SAF also expects the Hammers fans to be gentle on our Apache.
In team news, Fergie has taken a mammoth 20-man squad to Upton Park in order to be prepared for any eventuality. He says:
“We’re taking a big squad down tomorrow for the game with West Ham. We’re taking 20 players down, keeping them all together because you never know at this time of year. Utilising the squad is important. We freshened up the other day by leaving Ryan, Tevez and Anderson out (against Sunderland). Tomorrow we’ll make some more changes. Hopefully that brings the right freshness and gets us the right result.
So as expected there will be changes and it could be anybody’s guess. Although, I would expect Anderson and Hargreaves to return to the starting XI, since it is an away game.
Meanwhile, EVDS is still out with his injury, but will be expected to return ahead of the Birmingham game.
Other than that, there is more about Tevez and his welcome in the papers — this one on the Independent — and how he is coming on with his English, and how language is basically irrelevant as far as his play on the pitch is concerned.
Park Ji Sung also looks like making his first start of the season after impressing as a sub against Sunderland.
Our Prediction: United to win 2-0. Tevez and Rooney to score.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley