West Ham United are hurriedly turning to Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Odilon Kossounou as their bid for Manchester United star Harry Maguire is stalling over personal terms, according to the Sun.
The Red Devils accepted a £30 million bid from the Hammers for the England international several days ago.
However, they would have to part-fund his wages and the final move is up to Maguire.
It appears West Ham are already prepared to move on and will spend the £30m on the Bundesliga star as manager David Moyes looks to quickly bolster his defence.
Maguire has two years left on his £190,000-a-week contract at Man United but will earn £120,000 per week at West Ham if he joins them.
While the Old Trafford club are ready to make up for the gap in wages, it appears the former Leicester City star is not keen on joining the Hammers for what they are currently offering him.
The 30-year-old is currently behind Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez and Victor Lindelof in the pecking order, and Man United manager Erik ten Hag preferred to play left-back Luke Shaw centrally and ahead of Maguire last term.
The Dutchman told reporters ahead of their Premier League opener against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday that the Englishman is available for the game, and it would not be a surprise if West Ham move on.
Maguire could yet opt to stay and fight for his place, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days ahead of the summer transfer deadline day.
He is clearly not in Ten Hag’s plans, with the club reportedly eyeing Bayer Leverkusen defender Edmond Tapsoba as his potential replacement.
If the move to West Ham falls through, Maguire could still end up leaving Man United as other suitors willing to meet his personal demands could approach the club.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action