West Ham United have joined Everton in the race to sign Manchester United winger Amad Diallo on a season-long loan deal, according to The Northern Echo.
The Ivory Coast international spent the 2022/23 season on loan with Sunderland. He had a slow start to the campaign, but finished on a high with 14 goals and four assists from 43 appearances.
The Black Cats are open to re-signing him for another year, but The Northern Echo claim that they have been handed a major setback with the increasing interest from Premier League clubs.
Everton and Burnley are looking to secure a temporary deal for the talented attacker, and they have now been joined by the Hammers, who could be playing European football next term.
Diallo could secure Premier League loan
United are currently looking for another left winger in the transfer market, and this could have a direct impact on Diallo’s chances of breaking into the first-team squad next season.
Jadon Sancho has predominantly played from the left flank for United, but the Englishman could compete with Antony for the right wing role, suppose United manage to sign a left winger.
In that case, Diallo could be loaned out to gain experience. United boss Erik ten Hag may prefer his temporary exit over keeping him as the third-choice option on the right wing.
Everton and newly-promoted Burnley are in the mix to land him, but we would personally prefer Diallo moving to the Hammers, who are better equipped to avoid a relegation battle.
The east London outfit had a difficult Premier League campaign, but they are into the Europa Conference League final. A victory would ensure their berth in the Europa League group stage.
Irrespective of the result, David Moyes’ side should fancy their chances of loaning the youngster.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray