Harry Maguire’s time at Manchester United is nearing an end with West Ham United’s concrete interest in signing the defender.
The Hammers offered another £30m to sign Scott McTominay but the Red Devils rejected their proposal. They could come back for the Scotland international.
Maguire has indicated he is keen to join the Hammers. He wants to play regularly to seal his spot in the England team for the 2024 European Championships.
Harry Maguire’s sale to West Ham looks possible
The 30-year-old lost his starting place in the first team last season after United’s terrible start to the Premier League campaign.
Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez subsequently formed a robust partnership at the back.
When Varane and Martinez got injured at the tail-end of the previous campaign, Erik ten Hag deployed Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw in the heart of the defence.
Regular injuries and poor form never allowed Maguire to return to the team as the first choice.
Ten Hag took another massive decision last month, stripping Maguire of the club captaincy.
The England international was at fault in the pre-season game against Athletic Bilbao. He gave away the ball cheaply, which allowed the Spanish side to score.
The incident drew frustration, and he was booed by a portion of United fans.
It is time for him to leave Old Trafford for the sake of his own career.
He is not as bad as he has looked over the last two seasons, and a move to West Ham may revive his fortunes.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling