West Ham United believe Manchester United could be willing to pay more than Arsenal to sign midfielder Declan Rice this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
Rice has established himself as one of the most sought-after midfielders in the Premier League and he could pursue a bigger challenge next season.
The 24-year-old effectively has two years left on his Hammers contract and the east London outfit are bound to sell him with no plans to pen a fresh renewal.
It is now reported by Daily Mail that Arsenal are prepared to make a structured offer worth £90 million in order to sign the England star this summer.
However, United are also interested in the ex-Chelsea graduate and the Hammers believe the Red Devils will offer something better for his services.
United’s move for Rice could depend on takeover
Rice has been one of the best performing midfielders in the Premier League and there are no surprises that he is attracting huge transfer interest.
The Red Devils currently have Casemiro for the number six role. The Brazilian has delivered several world-class performances since his move last summer.
Despite this, manager Erik ten Hag could be keen on landing Rice. The England international could be played from the number eight position in future.
Rice possesses terrific ball control and excels with his distribution. He has completed 89 per cent of his passes this term, registering 2.1 tackles and 1.8 interceptions.
He has also chipped in with five goals and four assists. The Hammers captain could easily increase the tally at United with the better quality of players around him.
Hence, United should make a big-money move for Rice but a deal could largely depend on whether a takeover occurs. Otherwise, a transfer may look improbable.
If the Glazers remain at the helm, the budget could be limited. United may spend most of the transfer kitty on the recruitment of a marquee striker this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’