West Ham United believe Manchester United could be willing to pay more than Arsenal to sign midfielder Declan Rice this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
Rice has established himself as one of the most sought-after midfielders in the Premier League and he could pursue a bigger challenge next season.
The 24-year-old effectively has two years left on his Hammers contract and the east London outfit are bound to sell him with no plans to pen a fresh renewal.
It is now reported by Daily Mail that Arsenal are prepared to make a structured offer worth £90 million in order to sign the England star this summer.
However, United are also interested in the ex-Chelsea graduate and the Hammers believe the Red Devils will offer something better for his services.
United’s move for Rice could depend on takeover
Rice has been one of the best performing midfielders in the Premier League and there are no surprises that he is attracting huge transfer interest.
The Red Devils currently have Casemiro for the number six role. The Brazilian has delivered several world-class performances since his move last summer.
Despite this, manager Erik ten Hag could be keen on landing Rice. The England international could be played from the number eight position in future.
Rice possesses terrific ball control and excels with his distribution. He has completed 89 per cent of his passes this term, registering 2.1 tackles and 1.8 interceptions.
He has also chipped in with five goals and four assists. The Hammers captain could easily increase the tally at United with the better quality of players around him.
Hence, United should make a big-money move for Rice but a deal could largely depend on whether a takeover occurs. Otherwise, a transfer may look improbable.
If the Glazers remain at the helm, the budget could be limited. United may spend most of the transfer kitty on the recruitment of a marquee striker this summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns