West Ham United and Newcastle United want to sign Manchester United duo Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay respectively this summer, according to ESPN.
Maguire has become a fringe player in the current campaign and he is likely to move on this summer amid fears of missing out on the European Championship next year.
The Hammers wanted to land him in the January transfer window and ESPN claim that the east London side are expected to revive their pursuit at the end of the season.
McTominay has been similarly linked with a move to Newcastle. He was touted as an option for the Magpies in January but United were unwilling to sell to a top-four rival.
However, their stance is likely to change this summer with the need for funds. While the Magpies are still interested, it is reported that they won’t meet the £40 million asking price.
Maguire and McTominay could both leave Man Utd
Maguire is no longer considered as a regular starter in central defence. With United interested in signing Kim Min-jae, he could drop further down the pecking order this summer.
Hence, we won’t be surprised if he pushes for a move away from Manchester. The Hammers seem prepared to offer him an escape route in the upcoming transfer window.
Meanwhile, McTominay continues to remain an important member of Erik ten Hag’s squad. He started off the season on a bright note before losing his position to Casemiro.
The Scot has continued to impress with the limited game time. Considering he is homegrown and in the prime of his career, United could be tempted to keep him next season.
However, the prospect of starting every game could persuade him to move to St James’ Park. A transfer may depend on whether United are willing to lower their valuation.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd have their eyes on Dusan Vlahovic, Juventus open to selling him
- Man Utd interested in signing Andre Onana, Inter could sell him for €40-50m
- Erik ten Hag could unleash Alejandro Garnacho vs Man City after Antony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd’s next striker: Three stars on the radar
- FA Cup final preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Major blow for Manchester United with Anthony Martial set to miss FA Cup final against Man City
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United