Wes Brown has urged Manchester United to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho, likening the England international to legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo was 18 years old when Sir Alex Ferguson splashed out £12.24 million on the Portuguese ace back in 2003.
Borussia Dortmund’s young star has many similar traits to Ronaldo in that he both scores and creates a lot of opportunities down the wing.
Sancho can by just as well on both flanks and has even lead the line at times this season due to injuries for the German club.
Now former United defender Wes Brown believes Jadon Sancho could dominate the right wing for us.
The 20-year-old is even believed to be keen on a return to the Premier League after heading to Germany from Manchester City three years ago.
Brown is quoted by MUTV as describing Sancho as having:
“Talent and excitement.
“We need someone exactly like that at the club. We’ve had them over the years and I’m sure if we were to sign him he would bring that excitement back to the club. It would be good for the team as well.
“We’ve had players like that in the past, like with Cristiano Ronaldo.
“They’re the type of player who draw three or four defenders out and make the game a lot easier for the other players.
“If we could do it, it would be a brilliant signing.”
Jadon Sancho wowed audiences again on Sunday as he scored a stunning hat-trick in Borussia Dortmund’s 6-1 thrashing of SC Paderborn in the Bundesliga.
But once again the Black and Yellows are on course to fall short of Bayern Munich in the title challenge, with Hansi Flick’s side on course for a record eighth consecutive title.
As a result the England international could want a move away from Signal Iduna Park and Manchester United could be one of the most attractive clubs to make an offer.
On top of that, our 2-0 win over Manchester City before the Premier League was suspended in March shows what a good side Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is building at Old Trafford.
Jadon Sancho would certainly be a huge acquisition for our future title plans if we could agree a transfer this summer. He has 17 goals and 16 assists in 27 Bundesliga appearances (22 starts) this season.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley