Manchester United target Victor Osimhen has opened the door for a summer move away from Napoli in an exclusive interview with Sport1’s Patrick Berger.
The Nigerian star has been brilliant for the Serie A giants this season, scoring 23 goals and providing five assists from 28 appearances in all competitions.
His form has caught the eye of Man United and other top European clubs and the striker has now welcomed the possibility of pursuing a fresh challenge.
Speaking to Berger, he said: “I don’t know what the future holds. At end of season I will sit with my agents & discuss everything. I will also talk to the club. I’m grateful to Napoli. We will find good solution together.”
Osimhen would be United’s perfect long-term striker
The 24-year-old is currently enjoying the best scoring phase of his career. His performances have put Napoli in pole position to win the Serie A title with a 18-point lead.
Hence, Osimhen will come with a huge price tag this summer. There are already suggestions that the Naples outfit could hold out for as much as £132 million to sell him.
United are one of the top European clubs interested in his services and in our opinion, they should break the British transfer record as he could be the perfect long-term striker.
Osimhen only recently turned 24. He is currently in the prime of his career and should only get better.
Erik ten Hag will no doubt love to work with him. Osimhen has a good work rate, possesses pace on the counter-attack and is a menace for defenders with his aerial presence.
The Dutchman has done wonders for United this term with just one in-form goalscorer in Marcus Rashford. Signing Osimhen would boost the club’s Premier League title credentials.
Osimhen has already admitted that he dreams of playing in the English top-flight. United would be favourites to sign him over Chelsea if they qualify for the Champions League.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups