Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund has criticised his teammates for conceding goals quickly after he scored for them.
The young Danish striker starred for Man United in their dismal 3-2 defeat to Galatasaray in the Champions League tonight.
Hojlund scored a brace for the Red Devils but ended up on the losing side. He spoke with MUTV after the game to express his mixed emotions.
“It’s a little bit difficult,” Hojlund said (via Manchester Evening News): “I feel happy and not happy at the same time.
“Of course, it’s not about the individual performance, it’s about getting the three points and at the moment we’re not good enough.
“We need to remember we can’t concede goals right after we score. We’ve had a few games now where that’s happened.
“We need to go back, analyse that tomorrow and talk about it in the group.
“It’s a tough period, but we need to stick together – that’s the only way we’ll get out of it. We need to get some points now if we want to play Champions League after the group stage.
Man Utd’s leaky defence is sinking their ship
Erik ten Hag will be disappointed and puzzled by how badly his team has defended this season.
They are finding new and embarrassing ways to concede goals.
After scoring five goals in two Champions League games, Man United are bottom of Group A with no points.
They took the lead twice against Galatasaray but managed to stay ahead only for 10 minutes cumulatively.
Diogo Dalot must be blamed for being outmuscled by Wilfried Zaha too easily.
The former Crystal Palace man got lucky with the deflection, but Dalot should have never allowed him to take a shot in the first place.
Man United’s midfielders also failed to track down late runners into their box again.
Goalkeeper Andre Onana was culpable for a goal, making a mess of a simple pass despite his so-called ball-playing skills.
Casemiro received his second yellow card of the night and gave away a penalty while trying to clean up Onana’s error.
Ten Hag needs to find a robust solution to the defensive mess, or United’s season will go up in smoke.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow