Watford are eyeing a January loan move for Manchester United youngster Facundo Pellistri.
According to The Telegraph, Watford manager Slaven Bilic is keen to sign Pellistri to strengthen his squad.
The 21-year-old finally made his senior debut for United in a 3-0 win over Charlton Athletic in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup yesterday.
Erik ten Hag introduced him off the bench in the last six minutes of the game.
Pellistri made an immediate impact by assisting the first of Marcus Rashford’s two goals and was also involved in several other attacking involvements.
He signed for United in a £9 million transfer from Penarol in October 2020.
Erik ten Hag should give more chances to Facundo Pellistri
Pellistri’s short but sweet cameo should elevate his stature above Anthony Elanga, who has been out of sync this season.
Antony starts on the right-wing spot when fit, and Pellistri could be a decent back-up to the Brazilian.
Ten Hag has used Bruno Fernandes or Rashford at the right flank in Antony’s absence, but that is not the best position for either player.
Jadon Sancho is still working to regain his mental and physical fitness, and his absence can offer more opportunities to Pellistri.
The Uruguayan’s preferred starting position is on the right flank, and he likes to cut inside to create opportunities.
He has the ability to dribble past defenders and possesses a quick burst of acceleration.
It is the right time for the manager and the fans to see if the youngster has the characteristics to succeed at the Theatre of Dreams.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out