January saw United compete in the ‘Tie of the Round’ twice in the FA Cup beating neighbours City 3-2 at The Emptihad but falling disappointingly short without creating many chances at Anfield later in the month. In the Barclays Premier League the reds saw off the challenge from Bolton and Stoke at Old Trafford without conceding a goal after coming unstuck for the first time in years at St James’ Park (Sports Direct Arena) at the start of the month. January also saw United secure a magnificent three points at The Emirates after a 2-1 win saw them keep pace with league leaders City.
Who stood out for you throughout the month of January 2012?
Or was it whoever booted the ball at Martin Keown’s head before the FA Cup clash between Arsenal and Leeds United?
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer
- Man Utd could sign Barcelona winger Ansu Fati for just €35m this summer
- Man Utd handed timely boost for Newcastle clash with Luke Shaw set to return early from England duty
- Why Man Utd should target Rasmus Hojlund next summer
- Man Utd following Roma and Juventus target Davide Frattesi
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe makes improved offer to buy Man Utd, Sheikh Jassim to follow
- Man Utd must enter race to sign Antonio Silva amid interest from three European clubs
- Victor Lindelof casts doubt on his Manchester United future
- How Glazers blew up Mourinho’s plan to bring Van Dijk to Man Utd