Manchester United ended a run of four Premier League games without a win with a dominant performance in thrashing Fulham 4-1 at Old Trafford this afternoon.
Ashley Young opened the scoring on 13 minutes from left-back by cutting into the penalty area and firing across goal into Sergio Rico’s far corner.
Juan Mata scored the 50th goal of his Premier League career just before the half hour mark when Marcus Rashford teed the Spaniard up just inside the penalty area for which the attacking midfielder coolly rolled into the corner with a first-time effort.
In a man of the match performance Rashford set up Romelu Lukaku for a tap in a few minutes before half-time to make it 3-0.
Fulham scored a consolation midway through the second half when Ander Herrera carelessly brought down substitute Aboubakar Kamara. The French forward picked himself up to convert from 12 yards out.
Marcus Rashford got the goal his performance deserved in the final 10 minutes when he collected the ball down the left wing, casually strolled inside unchallenged and fired home, beating Sergio Rico at his near post.
Watch all the goals from Manchester United 4-1 Fulham here:
Marcus Rashford doing Marcus Rashford things.pic.twitter.com/n3gGYAZQ7I
— Joe Prince-Wright (@JPW_NBCSports) December 8, 2018
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane