On the day we went to the Emirates to spank Arsenal the reserves set out to Norway to play a Norwegian first division side, Stabaek. The side was packed with summer signings like Diouf and Obertan as well as loan returnee, Rodrigo Possebon.
United reserves ran out comfortable winners — 3-0 the final score — with Mame Biram Diouf netting two of them.
Here are brief highlights of the match as well as goals (towards the end of the video)
This was our lineup: United reserve side for game vs Stabaek: Amos, Gray, Brown, Dudgeon, Gill, Obertan, Evans, Norwood, James, Brandy, Diouf. [via @bauck on twitter]
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause