Manchester United target Victor Osimhen has finally broken his silence amidst strong links with a move to Old Trafford this summer.
Erik ten Hag wants to bring the powerful 23-year-old centre-forward to Manchester United from Napoli according to a report from Italian publication Area Napoli. The Serie A outfit value the Nigeria international at around £80 million (The Mirror).
United boss ten Hag is desperately hunting a new striker who fits his quick tempo, high press playing style. It’s no secret that Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t the man for that job, despite the fact that United would have finished mid-table without him last season!
Signing an elite, powerful and pacy striker will be one of the main priorities for United before the start of the new season. Osimhen possesses all of the attributes needed to succeed at Old Trafford.
However, it seems as though the Red Devils could be set to face disappointment.
Victor Osimhen breaks silence amidst talk of Manchester United move
The 23-year-old Napoli striker has opened up on his future in Naples amid heavy links with a move to Old Trafford. Osimhen insisted that he is more than happy to stay with Napoli, when speaking to Corriere dello Sport:
“I’m in Napoli. And I have great respect for my club. They are just rumours of the market. I’m fine here and I’ve never had such close relationships with everyone as at this moment. I spoke to the president, he is the one who decides, and he reassured me by explaining the club’s plans. I’m happy with what he told me and the purchases are of quality: words were followed by deeds. I am very happy to play with Napoli and we will see in the future.”
So it seems as though the Nigerian hitman will not be moving to United any time soon, and that’s a real shame. He would have been an exceptional addition to ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
Described as an ‘explosive’ striker by The Sun, Osimhen is one of the very best around. Last season, the 23-year-old bagged 18 goals and six assists in 33 games for Napoli.
Osimhen possesses all of the attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League. He’s strong, incredibly quick and is 6ft 1in tall. The Nigeria international has many years ahead of him in the game as well and despite the fact that £80m sounds really expensive, we think it would actually represent good value for the forward.
Unfortunately for United fans though, it seems as though the striker is set to stay with Napoli, for this upcoming season at least.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest