Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has singled out praise for Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Brandon Williams, who have been an integral part of the first-team plans under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this term.
Wan-Bissaka made the move to Old Trafford from Crystal Palace last summer and he has since been the undisputed choice for the right-back position where he has been impressed with his tackling, in particular.
Williams, on the other hand, was able to make the jump from the development squad after the early season injury to Luke Shaw, he has already made 26 appearances for the club across all competitions.
In an interview covered by United’s official website, Lindelof was impressed with the progress of the defensive duo and believes they have been brilliant over the course of the ongoing season.
“I think they’ve been doing well when they’ve played, Brandon [Williams] has been brilliant for example. He’s been playing more on the left so Harry’s been taking care of him. I’ve played a bit more with Aaron [Wan-Bissaka] and he’s been brilliant since he came here,” he told.
Wan-Bissaka was signed from the Eagles for an initial fee of around £45m and there were initially some doubts whether he would prove a quality purchase for the huge outlay.
However, he has played above the expectations and has been superb on a defensive point of view. He had concerns with his crossing into the box in the starting months but he has improved on the same as the season has progressed.
Williams, meanwhile, was brought into the first-team fold after the injury setback for Shaw in August and he managed to convince Solskjaer with his initial performances to jump ahead of Ashley Young in the selection order.
The teenager has received his fair share of playing time throughout the season and there have been occasions where he has played at left wing-back with Shaw dropping into the back three. His impressive progress has meant that the club have ended the search for a new left-back.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd