Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has made the decision to leave the club this summer amid interest from Inter Milan, as per Tuttosport.
The Sweden international has fallen down the pecking order this term. Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez have been the regular centre-backs under manager Erik ten Hag.
Meanwhile, Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw have also been preferred ahead of him during the second half of the season. The 28-year-old has started just two league games in 2023.
Tuttosport now claim that Lindelof is leaving United at the end of the campaign and he has already been offered to Inter, who are preparing for a major defensive overhaul.
Milan Skriniar is set to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer while Alessandro Bastoni and Danilo D’Ambrosio could also head for the exit door after the current season.
Lindelof could part ways with Red Devils
Lindelof has had a difficult season with United. He has played just 1,400 minutes in all competitions . Out of those, only 539 minutes have come in the English top-flight.
Hence, the Swede may pursue a fresh challenge in the prime of his career and the Nerazzurri could be a lucrative option. There should be a starting spot available for him.
United signed Lindelof for €35 million from Benfica six years ago and they could hold out for a similar fee this summer as they have the option to keep him until June 2025.
It is left to be seen whether the Nerazzurri will pay such a fee. United are yet to find a possible successor for Lindelof but they are keeping an eye on Sporting’s Goncalo Inacio.
The 21-year-old is a left-footed centre-back, who is available for his release clause of €45m. In our view, he could be an ideal long-term signing to compete with Martinez.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns