Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has said that the focus should be on the club’s performances amid talk of a potential takeover before the end of the season.
Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe have already confirmed takeover bids for United and there will be more proposals on the negotiation table over the coming weeks.
The Glazers have hired the Raine Group as their financial advisors and it remains to be seen whether they are prepared to walk away if their asking price is fully met.
Amidst this, Lindelof has said that he is unperturbed by the situation and added that his teammates should not be distracted by the ongoing process at the club.
The Sweden star also emphasised that the main focus should be on their performances.
He told PA News Agency after the Leicester City win via The Mirror: “I haven’t given that a thought, you know, especially now with the schedule. We can’t think about that.”
“We just have to think about the games and preparing the best that we can do. Yeah, I haven’t thought about that. Whatever happens, happens, but we’re just focusing on our performances.”
United players must not be distracted by takeover talk
United have made immense progress under manager Erik ten Hag after a difficult start to the season. They are currently the only English top-flight club with the chance to win four competitions.
The Red Devils recently closed the gap to the top of the Premier League to just five points and they now have the opportunity to progress to the round of 16 of the Europa League in midweek.
United played out a thrilling 2-2 draw against Barcelona in the first leg of the knockout play-off last week and should be favourites to beat the Catalan giants with home advantage on Thursday.
On Sunday, they can end their six-year trophy drought by beating Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley.
This will be followed by an FA Cup fifth round tie against West Ham United before facing Liverpool in the league at Anfield.
United have a crucial period coming up and the players must not be distracted by the takeover talk.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups