In today’s press conference Louis Van Gaal confirmed that United would be happy to have Cristiano Ronaldo back at the club.
Though he remained coy on whether there would be an attempt to bring the Real Madrid forward to Old Trafford. The manager conceded that Ronaldo is the type of player he would want in his team.
When asked whether United would want to sign the Portuguese international he responded, “Yes”. On a potential move Van Gaal said, “Like Falcao, players like Ronaldo bring something extra to a team”. The boss however went on to claim that he doesn’t think, “They [Real Madrid] will sell him”.
These comments coming after what Spanish correspondent Guillem Ballague claimed last week could well be the beginning of next summer’s transfer saga.
Whether or not a potential move is really on the cards is yet to be seen, but there is definitely some legitimacy in the story.
William Dawson Follow @William__Dawson
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season