Real Madrid came from behind to beat Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 in the first leg of their Champions League second round tie at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday evening.
Adrien Rabiot scored the opening goal for the runaway French Ligue 1 leaders just after the half hour mark in an end-to-end opening.
The Spanish giants created chances of their own and equalised on the stroke of half-time after Toni Kroos won a cheap penalty off the inexperienced Giovani Lo Celso.
Cristiano Ronaldo took the spot kick, smashing the ball into the left corner despite goalkeeper Alphonse Areola diving in the right direction.
However, close up replays showed the ball bouncing ever-so-slightly off the ground and Ronaldo volleying the ball into the corner.
When analysing the game with BT Sport, former-Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand explained that the Portuguese star used to practice this technique in training during his time in England. Ferdinand said:
“He used to that in training.
“He used to mess about in training and do that in training.
“I’m not saying he means to do it there but he did used to do it.
“Yeah, I swear to you, but he did use to do it.”
The second leg between the two giants takes place at the Parc des Princes on Tuesday 6 March.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash