Manchester United are on the verge of securing their THREE main transfer deadline day deals leaving enough time to sprinkle a bit of luxury on the squad during the final few hours.
Ander Herrera and Marouanne Fellaini are deals which just require the T’s crossing before becoming ‘confirmed’ while Juan Mata is working hard to push his transfer out of Chelsea before the window closes later today.
United have had serious enquiries rebuffed for the Chelsea playmaker due to their unwillingness to sell Wayne Rooney to them but, with Mata out of patience, the two parties are doing all they can to bring about a positive conclusion with both parties confident a deal can be reached.
With £40m the figure confidently thought to be enough to capture the Spaniard, United’s officials are circling in-and-around London waiting to set the deal up.
The Fellaini deal is thought to be worth £25m which is slightly embarrassingly a snippet above Fellaini’s recently expired buy-out clause although at this late hour it’s more about getting the player than criticising the clubs recent actions, there will be plenty of time and takers to castigate the club when the window shuts and everyone can evaluate their summer.
United are hopeful the three deals will be done by early evening which leaves them in the position to bolster the squad with a bit of luxury. How much they have left to spend and who that luxury could be remains to be seen.
The biggest worry for me is the possible loss of Kagawa to PSG though. Rumours locally suggest he’s going nowhere but it would be a shame if he were to go without really being given ample chance to impress especially when you consider the chances (season after season) Anderson, Nani and Cleverley (to name but a few) have enjoyed during their time at the club.
Today, in my opinion, strengthens the argument for closing the window before the season starts, today is a complete farce, total theatre.
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer
- Erik ten Hag heaps special praise on Bruno Fernandes after FA Cup quarter-final win
- David de Gea delivers outstanding performance in FA Cup quarter-final vs Fulham
- Blow for Manchester United as Harry Maguire is ruled out of the FA Cup semi-final
- Marcel Sabitzer believes Manchester United were not handed the FA Cup quarter-final victory on a plate
- Manchester United to play Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final
- Manchester United 3-1 Fulham: Three talking points as the Red Devils progress to the FA Cup semi-finals after remarkable second-half drama
- Facundo Pellistri reflects on first Manchester United start
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t need Ousmane Dembele despite report