United travel to Goodison Park on Sunday hoping to clinch a first win away at Everton since the 2011-12 season and to consolidate their third place but will have to do so without the trio, who have still not recovered from the injuries that kept them out of last Saturday’s trip to Chelsea.
Van Gaal added that Jonny Evans was back in the squad after his six-match game ban for a spitting incident which involved him and Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse’.
“I have defended him and I still defend him, so I don’t punish him,” Van Gaal said.
The United manager also confirmed that Rafael is out for the rest of the season with a rib injury.
“It’s unbelievable,” Van Gaal told MUTV on Friday. “He has broken his ribs so he shall not play any more this season for Manchester United. It’s very unfortunate.”
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin