United look cracking value at 1.91 with bet365 and Betfred to beat arch rivals Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Sir Alex’s side come into the game having eight of their last nine in the league and despite the fact that Liverpool tend to raise their game in these encounters it’s hard to envisage defeat to the league leaders.
Indeed United have won the last three renewals of this fixture and seven of their last eight against Brendan Rodgers’ men who currently sit 21 points behind them in the league.
Yes the visitors have won there last three games in all competitions but United have already shown this season that they are capable of raising their game against the big sides with wins over Man City and Arsenal and also managed to beat Liverpool at Anfield.
I fully expect them United to win this, and Robin van Persie has to be the bet in the first goalscorer market to fire them on their way to success.
The Dutchman has scored eight goals in his last eight Premier League games, and has netted five goals in his last six league appearances against Liverpool.
He is going to cause the Liverpool defence all sorts of problems, and looks cracking value at 4.5 with Coral to bag the first.
Blue Square also go a top priced 1.95 about him getting on the scoresheet during the 90 minutes and that looks a steal given his record.
Given that United’s defence has looked far from solid this season, Liverpool may well get a goal so both sides to score is worth considering at 1.57 with Ladbrokes.
However one is all they are going to get as far as I am concerned and it will be a consolation on at that.
I fancy United to win this 3-1 or 4-1 and those scorelines can be backed at 13 and 34 respectively with Coral.
- Newcastle United lining up summer deal for Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay
- Man Utd may not sign Harry Kane amid fresh Tottenham stance
- Marcus Rashford withdraws from England squad through injury
- Man United could persuade RB Salzburg & RB Leipzig to cancel Benjamin Sesko deal by paying higher fee
- Man Utd lagging behind in Jude Bellingham transfer race
- Former Manchester United target Ismaila Sarr set to leave Watford this summer
- Man Utd reminded why they should sign Joao Palhinha this summer
- Roy Keane blasts Man Utd performance against Fulham
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer