Manchester United are staring at a very difficult set of Christmas and New Year fixtures which could see the club one step closer to regaining the Premier League title if they manage to get through the matches without losing a game.
United travel to Swansea City for their next fixture before Newcastle United and West Brom make visits to Old Trafford before the end of December.
Knowing where to go online to find cheap sports tickets for sale will be vital ahead of January with United going away to West Ham United in the FA Cup before the mega clash at home against Liverpool and a trip to Tottenham. Wigan away and Southampton at home sandwich these ties.
The next match against Swansea will be difficult because the Swans are one of the best passing teams in the league. However, they are vulnerable at home having failed to win in six out of nine matches.
United should be confident of taking six points from six in the matches against Newcastle and West Brom because Sir Alex Ferguson’s men have scored more goals than any other team at home.
The ratio of matches over the next six weeks means squad rotation and team news is imperative as many blogs and news posts will suggest changes and criticise performances.
Many Man Utd blog posts also still suggest that the manager may bring in one or two support players this January to ensure a greater chance of taking maximum points from Premier League games.
Manchester United should be confident of taking nine points from nine from their December fixtures ahead of what looks to be a much more difficult January.
Wigan away is the fixture that tripped United up last season and is one of the defeats which effectively cost them the title. The unpredictability of Wigan under Roberto Martinez makes this fixture difficult to call but United are the favourites for a win.
Anything can happen in Cup games and the fixture against West Ham should be breathtaking. However, focus has to remain on the league with the cup tie coming just four days after the Wigan match and a week before the clash with Liverpool.
The two most difficult fixtures for Manchester United over the winter period are Liverpool at home followed by Spurs away. United will be confident of beating Liverpool and following up their 2-1 win at Anfield.
Spurs is more difficult to predict and Ferguson would probably accept a draw after the way Tottenham turned over United at Old Trafford. Spurs have only lost two games at home this season.
If United make it to the Wednesday night game against Southampton on January 30 with their league position and lead in tact then the Saints can expect a very long night at the office.
There are 12 points available for United in January and the club should be aiming for at least 10/12 to go with the hopefully perfect record through the rest of December.
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer
- Man Utd could sign Barcelona winger Ansu Fati for just €35m this summer
- Man Utd handed timely boost for Newcastle clash with Luke Shaw set to return early from England duty
- Why Man Utd should target Rasmus Hojlund next summer
- Man Utd following Roma and Juventus target Davide Frattesi
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe makes improved offer to buy Man Utd, Sheikh Jassim to follow
- Man Utd must enter race to sign Antonio Silva amid interest from three European clubs
- Victor Lindelof casts doubt on his Manchester United future
- How Glazers blew up Mourinho’s plan to bring Van Dijk to Man Utd