United are 1.25 with Betfred and Coral to beat Reading in their fifth round FA Cup clash at old Trafford and everything suggest they will do just that.
They are are unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions against Reading (W8, D4) and the last time they lost to them in the FA Cup was way back in January 1927.
The Red Devils have also won 15 of their last 19 home ties in the FA Cup (D2, L2), and come into the game on the top of their form following an excellent 1-1 draw in the Champions League against against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.
They really should be able to get the job done with the minimum of fuss, and although they are plenty short enough in the outright match betting I think there is a bit of value to be had in other markets.
Sir Alex’s side have conceded just one goal in their last five FA Cup matches at Old Trafford, so backing United to win this to nil looks well worth a wager at 2.25 with Betfred and Coral.
Wayne Rooney has scored three goals in his last two starts against Reading, and can be backed at 4.33 with bet365 to net the opener and 1.8 with Boylesports and Coral in the anytime scorer market.
Both those prices look fair, but if the gaffer decides to give him a rest then Hernandez could get a run out and would be of interest in the same markets at 5 and even money (2) respectively with Ladbrokes.
Over 2.5 goals looks a banker bet at 1.44 with Ladbrokes, and the 1.67 on offer with Coral about United in the HT/FT market also looks a punt worth considering.
In the correct score market I like the look of a 4-0 win for United, and and that scoreline is chalked up at 12 with bet365 and Boylesports.
- Man Utd have their eyes on Dusan Vlahovic, Juventus open to selling him
- Man Utd interested in signing Andre Onana, Inter could sell him for €40-50m
- Erik ten Hag could unleash Alejandro Garnacho vs Man City after Antony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd’s next striker: Three stars on the radar
- FA Cup final preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Major blow for Manchester United with Anthony Martial set to miss FA Cup final against Man City
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United