The news all Manchester United fans have been fearfully expecting over the last few days has finally been confirmed.
Bayern Munich have completed the signing of Barcelona ace Thiago Alcantara.
[Report from Metro]
The Red Devils were keen to land the midfielder, but failed to agree a price with the Spanish giants, who confirmed a fee of £21.6m has now been agreed with the European champions.
‘FC Barcelona and FC Bayern Munich have reached an agreement over the transfer of the player Thiago Alcantara to the German club for a total of 25 million (euros),’ read a Barca statement.
‘This agreement also includes holding a friendly match between the two teams, which will be played in the next four years.’
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge hailed the new arrival, saying: ‘We are delighted that we have succeeded with this great transfer.
‘Thiago has only just been elected the best player of the U21 European Championship.’
The news will come as a blow to United boss David Moyes, who still insists his transfer dealings are progressing at a satisfactory pace.
‘There are people we are actively chasing and we are happy with the way things are going,’ said the Scot.
Who will United miss out on next?
- Newcastle United lining up summer deal for Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay
- Man Utd may not sign Harry Kane amid fresh Tottenham stance
- Marcus Rashford withdraws from England squad through injury
- Man United could persuade RB Salzburg & RB Leipzig to cancel Benjamin Sesko deal by paying higher fee
- Man Utd lagging behind in Jude Bellingham transfer race
- Former Manchester United target Ismaila Sarr set to leave Watford this summer
- Man Utd reminded why they should sign Joao Palhinha this summer
- Roy Keane blasts Man Utd performance against Fulham
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer