Manchester United welcome West Ham to Old Trafford on Wednesday night looking to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League.The Red Devils head into the game off the back of Saturday’s 3-1 win over Queens Park Rangers, a win that sent them top of the table after Manchester City were held to a 0-0 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Once again United had to come from behind to take all three points, the ninth time in all competitions this season that they have come from behind to win. Coincidentally, the last time these two sides met, United had to come from 2-0 down to eventually win 4-2, but Sir Alex Ferguson will be keen for his side to stop falling behind and giving themselves an uphill task.
West Ham were beaten 3-1 at White Hart Lane by Tottenham last time out but have made a steady start to life in the Premier League and currently sit eight in the league standings.
Paul Scholes is suspended for this match so Anderson is likely to start. Antonio Valencia has a hip problem but has an outside chance of being fit.
West Ham midfielder Mark Noble is banned, while left-back George McCartney is a doubt after suffering an ankle injury against Tottenham. Yossi Benayoun remains out of action with a thigh problem. Midfielder Jack Collison (knee) and forward Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder) are also ruled out.
The match is not on TV in the UK so watch it live on WatchMUFC.com (Works worldwide)
- Newcastle United lining up summer deal for Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay
- Man Utd may not sign Harry Kane amid fresh Tottenham stance
- Marcus Rashford withdraws from England squad through injury
- Man United could persuade RB Salzburg & RB Leipzig to cancel Benjamin Sesko deal by paying higher fee
- Man Utd lagging behind in Jude Bellingham transfer race
- Former Manchester United target Ismaila Sarr set to leave Watford this summer
- Man Utd reminded why they should sign Joao Palhinha this summer
- Roy Keane blasts Man Utd performance against Fulham
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer