Reports in the Metro this morning suggest Manchester United have launched a £7million offer for Benfica star, Enzo Perez.
Perez was one of the stars of the show in last nights semi-final between LvG’s Netherlands and Perez’s Argentina.
The Red Devils are hoping to finalize the deal before the World Cup ends this weekend, in which Perez is set to be starting in the final for Argentina.
The 28-year-old had a brilliant season with Portuguese side Benfica and is set to leave during the summer with United being one of several clubs interested in his services.
Valencia and Lazio have previously had offers turned down but United are apparently convinced they will be able to land their man for a reported £7million as they wait for the Primeira outfit to sanction negotiations.
Perez made 46 appearances for Benfica last season, scoring five goals and has had a huge impact on his country’s successful run to the World Cup final on Sunday.
It seems a little convenient (yet again) how reports surface about our interest in a player the morning after a fantastic performance. At 28 he would need to be the finished article but, on last night’s performance alone, £7m would appear to be a bargain if he can deliver those performances on a consistent basis.
Will we sign Perez? Is he really a target? I’m not convinced.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations