The two clubs have met nine times before in the FA Cup, with the Red Devils progressing through the last seven.
Sir Alex’s side have also have only lost twice in their last 18 FA Cup games at home, winning 14, and have won their last 10 at home to Fulham in all competitions.
Those are compelling stats, and suggest a comfortable united victory is on the cards.
However backing them at 1.3 isn’t an attractive proposition for most punters, and it’s the handicaps markets that look to offer the value in this.
United have beaten beaten the Cottagers 2-0 (twice), 3-0 (four times), 4-0 and 5-0 in a run of 10 wins and a draw in their last 12 clashes.
Robin van Persie has scored in each of his last six games for United (seven goals in total) and has bagged 11 in his last 11 appearances.
The Dutchman can be backed at a best of 3.75 with Coral and Ladbrokes to bag the opener and a rather tasty looking 1.67 with Ladbrokes to score anytime. That price looks big considering his record and the fact that he is as short as 1.4 elsewhere.
I am going to take United to win this 3-0 or 4-0, and those scorelines can be backed at 8.5 and 13 respectively with bet365.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony