Reports are emerging that United have signed Ander Herrera on a 5yr deal from Atletico Bilbao.
The reports are of Spanish origin and just like everyone else we’re waiting for official confirmation.
Earlier today Guillem Balague suggested Herrera was the best midfielder in Spain last year and United have a great player on their hands well worth the £30m+ transfer fee.
In a somewhat comical or dramatic twist the deal however took an unexpected twist when it hit ‘beauraecratic’ problem regarding Spanish tax laws.
It seems that when a buy-out clause is met in Spain the buying party is required to pay a tax fee which United’s officials were not expecting.
As it stands at the moment it is not a done deal but it is believed the deal could still be finalised after the 11pm deadline under certain rules of the window. Very confusing.
In a further twist, Guilem Balague now suggests the United delegates were merely imposters…..can this transfer window get any more bizarre?
More to follow……
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations