Manchester United are set to rival Paris Saint-Germain for Lille wonderkid Leny Yoro, according to French reporter Fabrice Hawkins.
PSG are hot on the heels of the 18-year-old sensation, who has also caught the attention of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Liverpool.
Yoro has been a revelation in Ligue 1 this season despite only linking up with the Lille first team set-up in 2022.
The youngster has become indispensable at the heart of Lille’s defence, helping to keep nine clean sheets in 17 games.
His underlying numbers also make for a remarkable read, as the teenager has recorded a 68% success rate in aerial duels and is also a force to be reckoned with in 1v1 contests, winning 65% of his ground duels.
The towering youngster has also returned 1.4 interceptions per match, 1.2 tackles per game, and 4.3 ball recoveries per 90 minutes, firmly establishing himself as one of the brightest young talents in Europe.
It’s no surprise Lille are desperate to extend his contract. Yoro’s current deal expires in 2025, but Lille are determined to add an extra year, which would put them in a solid negotiating position.
PSG are considered the front-runners to sign the exciting teenager, but United have joined the race and will fancy their chances of luring him to the Premier League.
However, any move for the France under-21 international may have to wait until summer, with Lille adamant he will not leave the club during the winter transfer window.
United are in the market for defensive reinforcements, and Yoro is the latest addition to their star-studded shortlist that already features Jean-Clair Todibo and Portuguese duo Antonio Silva and Goncalo Inacio.
With Raphael Varane’s future still up in the air and Jonny Evans unlikely to receive a contract extension at the end of the season, United have begun plans to add quality and depth to their backline.
Stats from SofaScore.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow