Manchester United have been dealt a fresh injury blow as Luke Shaw could be out for three weeks following the ankle injury he picked up on Saturday against Arsenal.
Having played on Tuesday for England despite a slight fitness issues, Shaw was selected in the starting XI at the Emirates, only to last barely 15 minutes before hobbling off the pitch after twisting his ankle. The former Southampton left-back left the ground on crutches and with a protective boot around his left foot.
According to the Daily Mail, the 19-year-old could face up to three weeks out with ankle ligament damage in what would be yet another setback for the England international, whose fitness was criticised by Louis Van Gaal earlier this season.
Despite Shaw’s injury and United’s already catastrophic paucity of defensive options, however, Reece James is set to join Rotherham on loan, where he could be joined by Tom Lawrence, who has struggled since joining Leicester in the summer.
There was, however, some positive news for Van Gaal, with Marcos Rojo beginning his recovery from a dislocated shoulder on Tuesday.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season