Javier Hernandez has reached an agreement with Real Madrid and will be unveiled at the Santiago Bernabueu later on Monday, after completing his loan move to the European Champions.
With Radamel Falcao arriving on loan from Monaco, Hernandez’s opportunities to break into the first XI appeared even more limited and Louis Van Gaal decided the Mexican could be moved on, after months of speculations had linked him a host of European clubs, including Juventus, Valencia and Inter Milan.
Hernandez arrived at Old Trafford in 2010 but after three successful seasons under Sir Alex Ferguson he fell down the pecking order last season and cut an increasingly frustrated figure on the bench.
Real Madrid are expected tp pay £1.5m for the loan and have the option to make the transfer permanent in 12 months.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season