If Manchester United fans still had any doubts, a quick look at today’s backpages will have confirmed that we are well and truly in the silly seas, as far as transfer rumours are concerned.
Forget about Euro 2012, the Sun splashes an headline suggesting that United are about to add another piece to their midfield jigsaw by signing Spurs playmaker Luka Modric for £26 million.
The Daily Mail’s story follows the same line, reporting that Modric, who had a request to leave White Hart Lane turned down last summer, will be just one of the many stars to leave North London and, despite interest from Chelsea the paper is adamant that Sir Alex will finally get one of his long term targets and Modric will sign a deal worth £125.000 a week upon return from Poland where he’s on duty with Croatia.
The Sun also reports that Fergie is unwilling to match Cheick Tiote’s and Leighton Baines’ valutations of £20 million.
From a potential transfer to a done deal, as the Mirror and the Daily Mail report that United have signed Chilean wonderkid Angelo Henriquez for £3 million.
The 18-year-old striker has scored 8 goals in 10 games with Universidad de Chile, excelling for Chile’s age-group sides and in his homeland has drawn comparisons with Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
The Mirror suggests that United beat a host of clubs from around the world to sign the young striker who might be farmed out on-loan until he wins his first senior cap, unless United manage to obtain a “special talent visa” approved.
Finally, France coach Laurent Blanc is the latest to give his opinion about the Rio Ferdinand saga as he tells the Guardian that he doesn’t believe the Manchster United defender was left out of the England squad for football reasons.
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer
- Erik ten Hag heaps special praise on Bruno Fernandes after FA Cup quarter-final win
- David de Gea delivers outstanding performance in FA Cup quarter-final vs Fulham
- Blow for Manchester United as Harry Maguire is ruled out of the FA Cup semi-final
- Marcel Sabitzer believes Manchester United were not handed the FA Cup quarter-final victory on a plate
- Manchester United to play Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final
- Manchester United 3-1 Fulham: Three talking points as the Red Devils progress to the FA Cup semi-finals after remarkable second-half drama
- Facundo Pellistri reflects on first Manchester United start
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t need Ousmane Dembele despite report