EVDS saved 3 penalties as United beat Chelsea in the Community Shield game. The first half was fiesty with tackles flying all over. United had the better of the Blues, creating more chances. Giggs rounded off a good move from Evra’s cross. Malouda took advantage of one of Rio’s famous short-naps with a smart flick to make it 1-1 in the first half.
The second half brought about substitutions and drifted off into some sort of a snorefest, with nothing to separate either side. Although United would edge them out by virtue of chances created in the second half. Nani played in the second half too, and took some good corners.
So first blood to United. Not that there’s too much to read into it. But a Cup is a Cup, and we’ll feel pleased.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action