Manchester United transfer targets Diogo Costa and Jeremie Frimpong are being chased by two other European giants.
Erik ten Hag wants United to sign a top-notch goalkeeper, and Porto’s Diogo Costa is on his wish list.
According to A Bola, Chelsea’s new manager Mauricio Pochettino sees Costa as someone who can provide tough competition to Kepa Arrizabalaga.
United were reported to be in the mix to sign Frimpong. However, the Daily Mail have revealed that AC Milan are weighing up a move for the Dutch right-back.
Man United need to speed up their transfer business
The Red Devils have been sluggish in this window. They took five weeks and four bids to reach an agreement with Chelsea to sign Mason Mount.
There are doubts over the futures of Fred, Harry Maguire, Anthony Elanga, Scott McTominay and Anthony Martial. None of them have been sold yet.
Alex Telles and Eric Bailly seem to be sure to leave the club, but United are yet to find any suitors for the duo.
There is no doubt that the Red Devils need an elite striker. Pre-season is kicking off soon, and Ten Hag must start his preparations without a new number nine.
David De Gea is out of the contract, leaving Tom Heaton as the only senior goalkeeper in the squad.
Dean Henderson is back at Carrington but is eager to leave in a bid for regular game-time.
Costa could be a superb upgrade over De Gea, but United would struggle to match Porto’s €75 million release clause.
United’s transfer budget heavily depends on player sales. Their inability to sell players has put further pressure on their pursuit of new signings.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions