I’ve already written a bit about the Nani / Anderson moves on SL, but I thought I’d drop in here and add more to the story.
For starters, Anderson plays as a striker as well, so we don’t really need another striker as some people have said in response to these signings.
And after last season’s transfer wrangles and the heartbreak of the CL and FA Cup defeats, this news made me, for the first time after 2nd May, very happy about United. But let’s not get hasty and start predicting a quadruple or a back-to-back titles – there’s a long time to go in the transfer season.
We’ve got the midfield covered, we have a new winger AND a new striker. The squad is set for next season, although I think United just may move for one more player (not a defender, but could be a striker, a central midfielder or even a keeper).
That leaves us with two questions:
1) Who to sell?
2) Who to play next season?
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns
- Antony proves his worth with fantastic Man Utd performance vs Chelsea
- Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea: Player ratings as McTominay powers the Red Devils to sixth
- Full confirmed line-ups: Man Utd vs Chelsea
- Andre Onana reveals why his Manchester United teammates call him ‘the boss’