I’ve already written a bit about the Nani / Anderson moves on SL, but I thought I’d drop in here and add more to the story.
For starters, Anderson plays as a striker as well, so we don’t really need another striker as some people have said in response to these signings.
And after last season’s transfer wrangles and the heartbreak of the CL and FA Cup defeats, this news made me, for the first time after 2nd May, very happy about United. But let’s not get hasty and start predicting a quadruple or a back-to-back titles – there’s a long time to go in the transfer season.
We’ve got the midfield covered, we have a new winger AND a new striker. The squad is set for next season, although I think United just may move for one more player (not a defender, but could be a striker, a central midfielder or even a keeper).
That leaves us with two questions:
1) Who to sell?
2) Who to play next season?
- West Ham and Everton enter race to sign Man Utd target Jhon Duran
- Saudi Arabian giants make $225m offer to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Man Utd have to pay €60m to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries
- It’s Man Utd’s Varane vs Eriksen as France take on Denmark in an enthralling World Cup clash
- Erik ten Hag wants Man Utd to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Rafael Leao is the alternative
- Man Utd great candidates to sign Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix in January
- Harry Maguire impresses for England in World Cup stalemate against USA
- Man Utd have Jonathan David on their radar, Lille would sell him for €50m
- Four Irish Players United Could Sign Next
- Man Utd ready to step up chase for €60m-rated Cody Gakpo