Tottenham Hotspur are lining up a surprise move for Manchester United attacker Jadon Sancho this summer, according to Daily Star.
The England international joined the Red Devils from Borussia Dortmund for £72.7 million two years ago, but he has struggled to make significant impact.
Sancho has managed just 12 goals and six assists from 79 appearances, and it is now claimed that Spurs could look to secure his services.
The north London giants are expected to back new manager Ange Postecoglou with funds, and they are aiming to land two attacking stars.
Leicester City’s James Maddison is one of their targets. Spurs are also interested in pursuing Sancho in a summer transfer deal worth £50m.
United are currently aiming for player sales to boost funds, and Daily Star report that it could take £60m to persuade them to sell Sancho.
Man Utd could keep Sancho next season
Sancho was sensational during his time at Borussia Dortmund. He bagged 50 goals and 64 assists from just 137 appearances in all competitions.
However, he has struggled to find that form and consistency at United. Despite this, manager Erik ten Hag may prefer to keep him next season.
The 23-year-old looked short in confidence before the World Cup. His passing was wayward, and he lacked the cutting edge in the final third.
Sancho showed a vast improvement in his distribution after his special training programme in the Netherlands, but he needs much more.
The attacker is expected to find the back of the net regularly for the huge outlay made by United.
In our view, United may not consider Sancho’s sale this summer. Next season could be a make-or-break for him. He could be sold if he can’t make regular goal contributions.
There is an outside possibility that Sancho could be included in a part-exchange proposal for Kane, but Spurs don’t want to sell to a direct league rival.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action